? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "Save Template" CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Sunday, July 13, 2008

First 911 call...

It was super hot on Friday- so I thought it would be fun to take Max to the pool to cool off a little. I had my keys in my hand as I put Max in his car seat. He kept saying "Hot Hot Hot..." It was super hot in the car, and I started to buckle him in his seat. I accidentally hit the lock button on the automatic lock on the key chain. I threw my keys in the front seat and finished buckling him in. Then I got out and just closed the door. The car was locked and my keys and phone were in the front seat in the car. I ran inside and called a lock smith and they told me I had to call 911. It took the cop 15 min to get here, and when he did he tried unlocking the car for 30 min! Max was sweating like crazy and staring to freak out and cry! His eyes were super bloodshot. I felt horrible! Finally the cop and Dave got to the unlock button in the car and they were pushing it and it wouldn't unlock. I guess when you lock my car with the auto lock, it disables it from being unlocked from the button inside the car. So I just said "Break the window, I need to get him out of there..." When I pulled Max out he was all wet, and so hot and red. I took him over to the hose and let him cool off in the water and made him drink lots of apple juice. It was the worst day of my life. I just kept crying throughout the day when I would think about him in the car, and how miserable he was. We should have just broke the window when the cop got there. It was so sad!

12 comments:

Lovely Lindsay said...

i've done this. luc was maybe 3 months old. it was killer hot. only our locksmith was nice enough to get to our house in a flash and got my sweaty screaming boy right out. i was mess. i'm glad all is well with little max. scary stuff. see you this week, hopefully! love, lindsay

Kristi said...

Oh my gosh Ashlee! Yikes that sounds so scary - made my heart pound reading it. I'm so glad you busted him out of there! Don't feel bad accidents happen and you did the right thing.

Kristin said...

How scary Ash. Good job on being able to think through it and deciding to break the window. It's super hard to keep calm in crisis, especially when it's your own child, you're watching and feeling helpless. After a crisis hindsight is always 20/20--

Lynsie said...

Wow Ash! That would be so scary, especially since it was so hot!!! I'm so glad that you were able to get Max out safely.

Natalie said...

Wow, I am glad he is okay. how scary-I would have been going crazy. This sounds like something i would do, so dont feel bad I know you are an awsome mom.

Michelle said...

What a relief that this story had a happy ending. Sorry you had such a scare!

Kurt, Amy and kids! said...

Oh I'm so sorry you had to go through that! Poor Max! I'm glad it turned out okay!

Linsy said...

Holy cow! Poor little guy. I know you are a great mom...so don't beat yourself up over it. k? Love ya lots!

hillarie said...

I did this to my puppy once! And one of my friends has just about an identical story on her blog- the whole fire department came out... so don't fret, you're in good company!
Sorry we haven't gotten up north yet! We're waiting to hear on a house in Stansbury Park......

hillarie said...

Also.... I was excited to see that you're a fabric/sewing addict like myself. Can't WAIT to have my sewing machine back!

Anonymous said...

Ash! I felt so bad when you called me and told me this story! My mom read it too. She is a blogger now.I got her addicted. No worries. It happens more than you think. I almost did it to Braxton today at target! I understand the panic too. That would be pretty hard to see your baby getting that hot. You are such a good mommy though! Way to break the window! Sorry we couldnt get together this week. Maybe next week?

Nicole said...

Oh my gosh, that is so scary Ashlee! I'm so glad everything turned ok!