? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "Save Template" CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Jackson

Our friends invited us to go with them up to Jackson Hole for some weekend camping and it was so much fun! They gave us our first official river kayak lesson to attempt the Snake River. Um, yeah right- I was so nervous. So I just got all dressed up in the gear to take this picture. But really I probably only went down the river 20 feet till there was a pull off point where you could practice rolling and all those life saving skills that are crucial for this sport. But again, I just sat and watched. I think I'll try it again just somewhere a little more mellow. Not some freaky crazy-fast river!

We went up to the Teton National Forest and it's just beautiful up there!

We went up to Jenny and Leigh Lake. We bought a little raft to just float and play around in. Max loved it a little too much. He's so confident in the water it scares us. He was pulling himself out of the boat to get into the water....yes, he HAD to get in. So Dave just held his arms and let him kick around. Then he'd want to get back in and try it again!

We camped in Alpine just off a dirt road somewhere near a river. I woke up our second night there to something sniffing right by Max. I woke Dave up. We listened as whatever it was walked around our tent to Dave and I "SNIFF SNIFF SNIFF" I was the most scared that I have ever, ever been in my life! I started shaking and kept telling Dave that "I was so scared." Dave grabbed the keys to hit the panic alarm on the car to try and scare it away and while he was getting them it got scared. I keep thinking about this thinking it had to be a black bear. I don't hear of too many moose, deer or elk, going up to tents to check em out! Just glad that it got scared and went away! I'm going to buy a gun and keep it with our camping supplies just in case! I've never been so freaked out!



5 comments:

David Vogelsberg said...

it was a GRIZZLY! Rrrrraaarrr!

camihubrich said...

That sounds so fun and so scary. Hans thinks that it was probably a squirrel and not to worry. I think that I might have pooped my pants. Those pictures are awesome and I heard that the area up there is absolutely beautiful. What a cool get away.

Anonymous said...

Where did you guys go???? Those pictures are beautiful!!!! I live in springville, just south of provo. I would love to see you. My phone number is 801-623-7866. Call me and we can plan something fun. We haven't tried camping with Braxton yet but there has to be a first time for everthing!!!! Call me!

Linsy said...

Holy crap, that would freak me out! Dang, that sounds like fun though to go up to Jackson and camp! I miss you Ash...we need to talk :) Love ya!

Tairah said...

Looks like so much fun!! i can't wait to go camping with you and spend sometime with my sista!! I love you see you soon!!!!